Wednesday 26 January 2011

Alice Coulson-Swift

Meet Alice Coulson-Swift, the descriptions that Matt gave me of her are;
"Headstrong but lacking confidence, Alice is a contradiction of emotions. Out of the shadow of her odious Guardian, Waldrip, she blossoms into a woman, around him and her elders she retreats into girlhood. An understated beauty whose red curls fame porcelain skin."
Matt envisioned her likeness to be based on actress Deborah Ann Woll, so I have used her as a reference!


After sketching out my initial ideas I just had to quickly add in a light wash of colour. I envisioned Alice to wear very light colours, mostly white to underline her innocence and purity. Her dress is a mixture of Victorian fashions, I felt the exposed neckline and bare arms added to her subtlety and grace.

I have a feeling I'm going to have lots of fun drawing and designing Victorian dresses for the women!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment